Saturday, July 18, 2020


07/18/20 MISSION TRIP TO CHINA #8 — One morning I preached to ~300 believers, mostly Chinese women pastors. Afterwards scores of them were telling me how the government had harassed and tortured them (in graphic detail) and asking me to pray with and for them. After one lady in particular had described her horrific sessions, our interpreter “Dee” began to weep uncontrollably. She told me she couldn’t translate what the pastor had said. I tried to clarify why. She blurted out between sobs that the woman was her mother; it was just too horrible for her to hear the details for the very first time!
As I prayed with her mother (Dee translating, of course), suddenly someone interrupted, “The police are coming! You MUST leave now!” I insisted that we were not afraid, that we would stay. But they explained to us that if the police found us there, they would likely kill some of them; if we were gone, they would just beat some and arrest others. They assured us there was nothing else for us to do! So, confused, frustrated and prayerful we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment