Tuesday, July 14, 2020


07/14/20 SENIOR SAINTS — In Joshua 14:10-12a (CSB) Caleb said, “As you see, the Lord has kept me alive these forty-five years as He promised… Here I am today, eighty-five years old. 11 I am still as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me out. My strength for battle and for daily tasks is now as it was then. 12 Now give me this hill country the Lord promised me…” He went on to say that giants lived there, so perhaps it was less than desirable. Also God had promised this area to him.
Experts suggest that Baby Boomers (“old people”) are a vast, largely untapped resource for American churches. In general we’re in much better health than elderly folk of past generations and live longer. But just as many pastors and church leaders seem content for us to sit quietly and tithe, far too many of us seem satisfied with being marginalized like that. And we talk and pray almost exclusively about aches, pains, sickness and dying!
BBCs (Baby Boomer Christians), let’s rise to the occasion and get busy serving the Lord, using our God-given gifts and abilities for His Kingdom! As we take on challenges no one else seems to want, like Caleb before us, let’s shout, “GIVE ME THIS MOUNTAIN! (KJV)”

No comments:

Post a Comment