Sunday, June 14, 2020


06/14/20 THE LORD’S MODEL PRAYER — Years ago, my former pastor, Dr. Ron Herrod, was to speak at seminary chapel; I was privileged to introduce him. But first an Oriental seminary student sang the Lord’s Prayer: “Our Father, Who art in heaven, HOW LOADED be Thy Name…” Some faculty and students laughed and snickered, embarrassing him no end.
So before I made my introduction, I made some brief comments: Months before the undefeated light-heavyweight boxing champion of the world had put on a little weight; so he decided to try his hand at a heavyweight rookie. Unfortunately for him, the rookie was about 4 inches taller and outweighed him by about 40 pounds. The champ got clobbered, knocked out in an early round! You see, he was pretending to be a heavyweight, but he was outclassed.
In the OT AND NT the words for “glory” essentially carry the idea of “heaviness”. ALL Glory belongs to Almighty God since He is the One and Only True Heavyweight Person in His Entire Universe! So I LOVED that rendition of the Lord’s Prayer and so should they!

No comments:

Post a Comment