Tuesday, June 2, 2020

06/02/20 ANOTHER EMERGENCY — Around 2004 there was an 18-month drought in Farmville, VA where I was a pastor. The town’s principal water source, the Appomattox River, dried up. Local government workers distributed bottled water to desperate families. That always reminds me of Elijah on Mt. Carmel (1 Kings 18-19). After enduring that, I really cannot imagine how people, animals and plants could survive with three and a half years of drought!
Some of our neighbors borrowed water from us since we had the newest, deepest, most reliable well,  about 900 feet deep! That reminds me of Jesus with the Samaritan woman at the well. In John 4:13-14 (CSB) Jesus said, “Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again.  But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again. In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up in him for eternal life.”
BELIEVERS, not only has Jesus satisfied OUR thirsts, but WE have a spring of life-giving water within each of us. Be ready to offer it to anyone thirsting around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment