Sunday, April 5, 2020

04/05!/20 OK, so I put the wrong date on my earlier post! Pastor John’s message (check “wallaceknox” on FB) about Jesus’ washing the disciples’ feet reminded me of an actual “foot-washing” years ago. Our youth pastor David was leaving to become an foreign missionary. It was Wednesday, the very last time most of us would ever see him. The 100+ teens, David and I were seated in a large “circle”; he was right next to me on my left. To remind us that we should always serve each other humbly, he began washing the feet of the teens, starting on his left and continuing clockwise. There was a lot of sobbing, praying and praising. As he came nearer and nearer to me, I began to get uneasy. As he knelt in front of me, I grabbed him by the shoulders and shouted, “NO! You will never wash my feet; I need to wash yours!” He burst out laughing and said, “Sit down, PETER, and let me wash your feet, too!” All things considered, most folks might think I’m most like Paul in the NT. Sorry, sometimes I’m almost sure I’m the Apostle Peter reincarnated (at least, his worst characteristics)!

No comments:

Post a Comment