Wednesday, August 5, 2020

08/05/20 “LOST” GOLF BALLS & TEES #3 — When I played golf this morning, as usual, I saw dozens of discarded tees lying all over the place and not a few golf balls hiding in the tall grass or under bushes. It occurred to me that each of these was at least evidence that someone had actually been there, trying his best to get his ball in the hole in as few strokes as possible.

In the sense that I have noticed many parallels between golf and believers’ sharing their faith with others, I thought that “lost” balls and tees are analogous to our witnessing attempts. If your spiritual life is like a hole on the golf course, would anybody find any evidence that you are actively sharing the gospel with those in your circle of influence? I’m reminded once again that experts report that the average American who calls himself or herself a Christian NEVER shares his or her faith with anybody!

In 1 Corinthians 9:22b-23 (CSB) Paul says, “I have become all things to all people, so that I may by every possible means save some. 23 Now I do all this because of the gospel, so that I may share in the blessings.” There are blessings from God that are available to us only as we are active and faithful in sharing the gospel. And I don’t want to miss out on any of the “goodies” God has in store for me! How about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment