Sunday, August 2, 2020

08/02/20 “LOST” GOLF BALLS #2 — The vast majority of golfers are right-handed. AND the vast majority of right-handed golfers naturally “slice” the ball, that is, nearly all their strokes, but, especially, when using their driver, curve to the right.

Since I became aware of that I learned that I NEVER need to buy any balls. After I hit my tee shot, if I just walk along the right side of the fairway, after 100 yards or so, it looks like a “golf bird” has laid dozens of “golf ball eggs.” And they’re free for the taking! Plus, some of the golf course workers find so many of these that they regularly leave little piles for me. Thanks, guys! At one point recently I had accumulated several thousand used golf balls, most of them shiny and clean, good as new! (But Linda made me get rid of them?!)

As I have played golf, I have thought of many parallels between trying to get the golf ball into the hole and trying to get the gospel to take root in someone’s soul. Imagine each of these “lost,” discarded golf balls as a lost person to whom a believer has tried to share his/her faith. Something has gone amiss; and that person is now “out of the fairway,” “in the weeds or woods,” “in the sand trap,” “in the water,” etc. Just as some of the golf balls are really expensive, about $4.00 or more apiece, these souls are priceless! So why would we just abandon them when they go astray?

I often tell my fellow golfers who have just hit an errant shot that, since they are not interested, I will spend a short time looking for their ball. But if I find it, it’s mine! When it comes to the souls of our friends, families and neighbors, let’s not abandon them to Satan and the World. LET’S GO, FIND AND RECLAIM THEM FOR CHRIST!


No comments:

Post a Comment