Wednesday, November 4, 2020

11/04/20 FAVORITE BAPTISM MEMORIES #8 — Some years ago the annual Southern Baptist Convention meeting was in Greenville, NC. Several weeks before, to encourage pastors and churches toward evangelism, Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBCV) employees had made a video of a Sunday service where I baptized 9 people. They left almost immediately after the service. And I never saw the video, totally lost track of it and forgot about it.

During one of the brief breaks between messages at the SBC, I left my wife and went to the Men’s Room. As I returned to my seat, “Excuse me… Pardon me,” stepping over at least a dozen other guys, most of them slapped me on the back and said, “Congratulations! Great job! Praise the Lord!” Completely mystified, I replied, “Huh… For what? I just did #1 in the restroom!?” They laughed and whacked me again.

Then Linda told me they had just shown the video to the entire Convention audience. Afterwards I checked with SBC and SBCV personnel. No one seemed to know anything about who had a copy or where or how I could get a copy. To this day, I have NEVER seen it! Of course, I experienced it, FIRST HAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment