Monday, November 8, 2021

 11/08/21 Praying With JESUS: 40 Days Toward Church Revitalization — Day 09

John 1:1-4 (ESV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

“THE THIEF COMES ONLY TO STEAL AND KILL AND DESTROY; I CAME THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT ABUNDANTLY.” (JOHN 10:10) This life that Jesus gives is not just fire insurance against an eternity in hell, but it is the very substance of life in the present. He knows better than anyone else exactly what your church needs in order to be a life-giving force in your community.

John 5:24 (ESV) Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

FROM WORD TO LIFEFill in the blanks below:

 “…he who hears My word, and ________________ Him who sent Me, has _______________ life...” “…[he] does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into ______________ .”

When we believe God’s Word we avoid judgment, pass out of death’s claws, and receive LIFE!! This is true for eternity and for today! You and your church, as you believe God’s Word, His promises and assurances, will begin to experience NEW LIFE in Christ!

PRAY… Lord Jesus, help me to cling to Your Word as the very substance of life for me today and throughout eternity. Thank you for giving us Your Word; I want to thirst for it like the Psalmist, as the deer pants for the water brook, so let me soul thirst for You and Your Word. Use Your Word in me to build my faith and to help re-shape our church into an effective instrument for the Gospel in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, I ask in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment