Monday, October 26, 2020

10/26/20 FAVORITE BAPTISM MEMORIES #1 — Visiting Pastor Dr. Tommy Green delivered a masterful, powerful message this morning about biblical Salvation and Baptism. I’m still praying that lots of people who did NOT respond at the time will think and pray long and hard and follow through soon!

Along the way he shared a couple of amazing experiences as he baptized some new believers. That brought to MY mind some of my most vivid memories surrounding baptisms. So, please, bear with me as I interrupt my “ONE ANOTHERs in the NT” series for a few days.

The first church I pastored was a rural church in central Virginia. Their water came from a well on the property. As I preached evangelistically with all my might, after a very few weeks, a man was saved. We scheduled his baptism for the following Sunday morning. No one had been baptized there for at least a couple of years. As he and I entered the baptismal pool, I heard a strange, gurgling sound; also I noticed a red tinge in the water. Turns out RED MUD was pouring out of the pipe into the water. By the time we were done, both of us were covered in it! Even so, it was a GREAT way to begin my pastoral ministry experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment